When you call The Property Crew, you will be transferred to a knowledgeable, helpful and efficient person with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the building industry as a tradesperson.
We'll help with your issue and react to any emergency by giving you helpful tips to minimise any damage, pending arrival of our Property Crew member.
Our Top Ten Tips:
- Tip 01
- Always know where your water stop cock is and turn it off when away from your house for a period of 1 week or more. This may well be a clause in your insurance cover.
- Tip 02
- Never allow you boiler go un-serviced for over 1 year.
- Tip 03
- Always insulate the rising water main at footpath or entry to you house. This will help prevent the majority of water supply freezing during cold snaps.
- Tip 04
- Always have a carbon monoxide detector fitted.
- Tip 05
- Always check smoke alarms each year; it can be combined with a routine maintenance call.
- Tip 06
- Always know where your Fuse Board or Mini Circuit Breaker (MCB) is located.
- Tip 07
- Fit a thermostatic heater in your attic to ensure your water storage tank won't freeze. It’s a very common cause and an inexpensive way to avoid that horrible feeling of having no water.
- Tip 08
- Always check chair legs on a wooden floor. Fit casters!! £10 could save you £1000s.
- Tip 09
- If you live in a house, £5,000 of energy saving capital will repay in 4-6 years - not a bad investment in % terms!
- Tip 10
- In the case of an insurance job or emergency, photograph, document and call your insurance company instantly on realisation of the damage - and call the Property Crew!